Group Accident Insurance scheme (GAIS) is a indian government insurance scheme under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana(PMMSY) for benefit of men and women working in fishery sector GAIS insurance cover all the Fishers of the country.
The scheme is being implemented by National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) with M/s Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL).
The rate of premium per annum for the GAIS:-
Group Janata Personal Accident
Policy (GJPA) covering Death
and Permanent Total Disability
(PTD) with CSI of Rs.5 Lakhs
Coverage – Death: 100% CSI
PTD: 100% CSI
Premium – Rs. 68.44/-
Special Contingency Policy
Covering Permanent Partial
Disability (PPD) and
Coverage – PPD: Up to Rs.2,50,000/-
Premium – Rs. 4.00/-
(Incl. of GST)
Total – Rs.72.44/-
Beneficiaries covered :-
- Fishers include fish workers, fish farmers and any other category of persons directly involved in fishing and fisheries related allied activities.
- Men or women fishers in the age group of 18 to 70 years shall be eligible for insurance coverage
Insurance benifits of GAIS :-
- Rs.5.00 lakh against death or permanent total disability (PTD)
- Rs. 2.50 lakh against permanent partial disability (PPD)
- Rs. 25,000 against accidental hospitalization
Premium amount will be funded by state and central government. Thus Premium amount will be free for beneficiary .
How to Apply for GAIS :-
Please contact concerned District Fisheries Development Officer/ Sub divisional Fisheries development officer/ Fisheries development officer for details of the scheme and enrollment for 2023-2024
for more details : click here